PhotoDune Customer Review
PhotoDune is still relatively small compared to the massive agencies, since it only really started in mid 2011. But they are pushing new content out at a rapid pace and have some great promotions from time to time which help make it very attractive to new buyers. The really great thing as a buyer at PhotoDune is that when you deposit some money with them, you can use it on any of there websites, which means you can buy anything from photos to website templates to logo’s.
The big change since PhotoDune’s launch came in early 2017 when they removed around 80% of their images and basically started from scratch. They now have a single price regardless of image dimension. And a lot less contributors. But that could be a good thing, as they are trying to build a stronger catalogue of images. Quality over quantity is the new approach, which for some buyers will be spot on.
PhotoDune Customer Review Fast Facts
longer bars are better
PhotoDune Customer Review – Why Buy From Them?
- Simple pricing structure with low prices (especially Extended Licenses, really, really cheap)
- One account gives you access to all their other marketplaces as well
- Clean, functional site with fast checkout
- Huge variety of different stock media available e.g.: plugins, scripts, logo’s etc
- Good choice for buying just a couple of images
- Aiming for quality over quantity
PhotoDune Customer Review – Downsides?
- Not hugely ‘fair trade’ for their non-exclusive contributors, but not terrible
Buying From PhotoDune – The Final Word
Getting an account with PhotoDune or any other Envato marketplace site is a worthwhile thing for sure. The variety and quality of content across all the sites combined is very impressive. PhotoDune is showing much promise as a stock photography agency and they have lured all the big contributors on-board. Their new approach of quality over quantity may be a good move in the long run, as other agencies get bloated. The only reluctance in giving them a 100% thumbs up is that they fall a little short in terms of ‘fair trade’ to their non-exclusive contributors. Other than that, PhotoDune is definitely worth your time for your next image purchase.