Shutterstock Customer Review
Until recently they limited your purchasing options to just subscription based plans, which were a bit pricey for the little buyers. But now they have one-off purchases which they call Single Image Downloads. This opens up their library to a whole new range of customers.
Shutterstock Customer Review Fast Facts
longer bars are better
Shutterstock Customer Review – Why Buy From Them?
- Massive collection of images
- Strict reviewing process means high-quality images
- Very reputable company that’s been around for years, now publicly listed
- Excellent search engine that finds relevant content 99% of the time
- Reasonable pricing for both buyer and contributor
- Monthly options probably the best choice around for high turnover agency’s and graphic designers
- Video footage is available and the collection is growing rapidly
- Music now available
Shutterstock Customer Review – Downsides?
- Huge amounts of images could potentially slow down the selection process, some other sites getting new images quicker
- Lot’s of content to sift through
- That’s about it – they’re great!
Buying From Shutterstock – The Final Word
Shutterstock really does represent the pinnacle of microstock these days. They attract the best contributors and manage to build the biggest collection, despite being so careful with what they approve. You won’t be disappointed with a subscription here. Best thing is, you can register as a buyer without even having to buy something right away. With the introduction of single image purchases (no subscription plan needed) this massively changes how accessible these guys are for the average customer. Do yourself a favour – shop with the best.