GL Stock Images Review
Formerly known as Graphic Leftovers (not the most creative or business savvy name ever invented – agreed), GL Stock Images ticks the right boxes in terms of contributor relations. However sales for many contributors have been lower than you would like. But this seems to be slowly improving, thanks in part perhaps to the the site design being updated a few years ago.
GL Stock Images Review – Why Sign Up?
- Excellent 52% commission to contributors for every image sold
- Committed to ‘fair trade’ style business relations
- Easy upload process (one of the best in the business) with no categories to fill or any sort of input required
- Friendly staff that actually return your emails and care about their contributors questions and concerns
- Good things on the horizon if the new management makes it happen as they’ve promised
GL Stock Images Review – Downsides?
- Sales are pretty low, which means a long time between payouts (although it’s improving)
- Their search system is still lacking critical features, meaning some files may not be found as readily
GL Stock Images Review Fast Facts
GL Stock Images sells the following media:
GL Stock Images Review – Conclusion
GL Stock Images are a “fair trade” organisation in the sense that they give their photographers and illustrators 52% of the sale price on every image sold. They also have very friendly staff who actually respond to your emails (wow!) and try to help where they can.
There are many photographers out there hoping that GL Stock Images succeeds based on their excellent contributor relations ethics. This is important when the industry as a whole faces challenging times and some respond by lowering contributor commissions. At this point though sales are slow, although the management advise me that sales are continuing to improve for the site as a whole.
Some contributors are already reporting more sales since the new site design a couple of years ago. While it’s a bit too early to tell, I can confirm a few more sales of late than in the last 6-12 months, after a dry spell. I certainly hope it is a good sign of things to come for GL Stock Images. Fair agencies such as this need the support of both buyers and sellers alike.